Where you’ll be working
We're a new, venture-backed Fintech looking to expand our team to keep pace with our rapid growth. DiviPay is an all-in-one spend management tool that helps Australian SMEs instantly issue virtual corporate cards, control spending and automate their expense reporting.
DiviPay is used by Australia’s leading businesses, including tech unicorns, Y-Combinator graduates, public companies and fast-growing SMEs to streamline their business expenses. We recently completed our Series A capital raise led by ANZ bank which you can read more about here.
Join a fast growing Fintech supporting Australia's SMEs where you will be working with a team of high-performing, passionate and curious individuals. Our modern offices are conveniently located in Surry Hills near Sydney' CBD.
Are you looking to work for a growing fintech company where you will have a direct impact on launching exciting new capabilities across our backend stack like developer-friendly APIs and real-time payment services?
We are looking for a talented Python developer to join DiviPay and help us take our product to the next level.
As a Python developer at DiviPay you will be:
- Leading the design and build process for new features on our roadmap
- Shaping the architecture of our backend stack
- Working with payment networks including Mastercard and Australia’s real-time payments network (NPP)
- Integrating with emerging products like Australia’s first digital receipt solution and the PEPPOL e-invoicing network
- Performance testing our transaction processing engine
- Scaling our infrastructure to support traffic from our rapidly growing customer base
- Providing insights from our datasets to help improve the product offering
- Collaborating in design discussions and working directly with users for testing and feedback
- Performing security testing and hardening our infrastructure
Important skills and experience:
- At least 2 years experience developing Python applications or similar
- Comfortable with Relational Databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with RESTful JSON APIs
- Comfortable working within a Linux environment
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and tools
- Passionate about writing high quality code and robust test coverage
If you only meet some of these criteria we still encourage you to apply. We're looking to hire for potential - if you are willing to learn, we are willing to teach.
Desired skills but things we can teach:
- Ability to build highly reliable, fault-tolerant, and scalable production systems
- Experience with Amazon Web Services – Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, RDS, S3, Route53
- Experience with asynchronous message brokering and queuing services such as Redis
- Experience with Terraform or similar Infrastructure as Code tools
- Experience with DevOps (CI/CD)
- Experience with Agile and working in Sprints
We'd love it if you have:
- Strong interest and experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Django or Flask
- A public GitHub for us to check out
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, high-performing, venture-backed startup at an early-stage
- Opportunity to execute on an ambitious vision of rethinking the delivery of financial services
- Experience your work truly making an impact and have direct responsibility for crucial parts of our product
- Flexibility and opportunity to expand your role and gain experience in all parts of the organisation
- Contribute to building an awesome culture in a product and dev led organisation
DiviPay is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
DiviPay does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Our application process
Approx. 2 weeks:
- Initial phone interview
- Technical challenge to complete and help us understand how you approach problems in the real world
- Technical interview
- Cultural fit interview with Leadership Team
Ready to apply?
Please send your resume and GitHub (if you have one) to email@example.com